Thursday, July 31, 2014

I Spy With My Little Eyes The Intel Inside You


 














 
There is a funeral home opposite a residential building turned into a homeless shelter in The South Bronx of incinerators. One night, the air was scented lightly with a sickening sweet odor of cremation. Ashes of ashes floated miles from Manhattan. It drifted over playgrounds and trees of Saint Mary’s Park, the former estate of The Founding Father who came up with We, The People. The remains of the awful day fell over the deserted highway and across the river to Riker’s Island Prison.
 
I stared out the window to remember three Pit Bulls turn into a three-headed dog on the funeral home’s roof. I’m like a man not sure he’s on Death Row or in The Underworld. I stop short of making a Greek myth out of the mess of my life when I write of Jesus and Apostles behind me on the face of a kitchen clock. 
 
Every night, I run of time. I’ll be so blessed if I get last supper from the church pantry with a line of transients that gets longer. I stole bread and became a thief who can play the thief nailed next to a good Jewish lawyer. In The City That Never Sleeps, I’ve been dreaming vacations from the nightmares of Reality.
 
I find myself back in The Wonder Years and it feels like the future is about to begin. I wake up to a stampede of formerly homeless African-American children. On Father’s Day, I found myself walking on water because someone upstairs left the faucet running.
 
I look out the window and see The South Bronx is looking Islamic. There are now black women that cover their bodies with black veils and robes in a heat wave.
 
It’s morning in The South Bronx of America.
 
I’m a stranger in a strange land.
 
Alone.
 
There was banging on the door. “Leave your furniture behind! I’m giving you bunk beds,” said a Dominican who claimed he was a cop in his native land. He works for a company called Paradise Management. Hell comes in the form of lies and harassments. They made promises of money and renovated apartments. They had succeeded on concentrating the old time tenants to the other side of the building.
 
The last time I heard of an offer of bunk beds was in The Holocaust.
 
Once upon a time, I carried Anne Frank in my arms as shadows of burnt-out buildings and bullies fell over us in the only borough connected to the mainland of The United States. Before I was held down and beaten badly on the brain by a Neo Nazi at NYU, I was given an assignment to create a tour book to draw tourists to our town of low income to no income people. My fellow students and teacher looked at me like they saw a dead man walking. What’s life without challenges?
 
If homework goes well, I’ll have a story to pay the rent.
 





 




 

 


 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment